Pastor Daniel Cassels, his wife Hannah, children Jack, Allie and dog Sammi are new to the Santa Maria area. Daniel grew up in Washington State and Hannah in Globe, Arizona. Though this seems like worlds apart they met while Daniel was serving at Shadow Hills Baptist Church in Las Vegas Nevada. They were married January 06, 2006 and have served God as a family ever since. While attending the The College at Southwestern (a part of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary) in Fort Worth, Texas they felt a call to go into full time ministry on the west coast. This call brought them to the wonderful church of Life Way Fellowship in Santa Maria California in 2009. They love to serve God by serving people, fellowshiping, and sharing the Good News of Christ.
Getting Your Hurts Under Control
Building Life Together – 5 Psalm 23:5
Pastor Daniel Cassels
April 29, 2018
Psalm 23:5 - (NIV) - You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.''
THE MISTAKES OF A HURTING HEART
1. Some people ______ from their hurts. I said, “If only I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and find rest… I would hurry to my shelter from the raging wind and the storm.” Psalm 55:6–8 (CSB)
2. Some People ____________ Their Hurts
Psalm 32:3 (NCV) - When I kept things to myself, I felt weak, deep inside me, I moaned all day long.''
Psalm 39:2-3 (NCV) - '' I kept very quiet, but I became more upset. I became very angry inside, and as I thought about it my anger burned.''
3. Some People ______________ Their Hurts
Job 5:2 (GN) - ''To worry yourself to death with resentment would be a foolish, senseless thing to do.''
4. Some People ______________ Their Hurts
Job 18:4 - ''You are only hurting yourself with your anger.''
5. Some People ______________ Because Of Their Hurts
Romans 12:17, 19 (LB) - ''Never pay back evil for evil; never avenge yourselves. Leave that to God, for he has said that he will repay those who deserve it.''
THE MINISTRY TO A HURTING HEART
Psalm 23:5 (NIV) -''You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.'' 1. The Lord Ministers To Our Hurting Hearts by preparing a Table of __________________.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies… Psalm 23:5a (CSB)
2. The Lord Minister To Our Hurting Hearts With The Oil of _______________. …you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows… Psalm 23:5b (CSB)
God heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. Psalm 147:3 (NCV)
3. The Lord Minister To Our Hurting Hearts With The Cup Of ______________.
…my cup overflows. Psalm 23:5c (CSB)
…The joy of the Lord is our strength. Nehemiah 8:10
• Your cup will overflow with hope.
I pray that God will help you overflow with hope in him through the Holy Spirit's power within you. Romans 15:13 (LB)
• Your cup will overflow with love.
May the Lord make your love to grow and overflow. 1 Thessalonians 3:12 (LB)
• Your cup will overflow with joy.
Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and your cup of joy will overflow. John 16:24 (LB)